How to make celery juice without a juicer is a common concern for diet-conscious people looking for a nutrient-packed drink while maintaining their calories. But can they make celery juice without a juicer? Or should they make a trip to the market to get a cup of juice?
Juices are a new hot trend on the market owing to their benefits, but they are very pricey. A celery juice, for instance, maybe priced at $10 for a small cup. While you cannot deny the benefits of celery juice, if you buy celery juice from a market daily, you will be broke real soon. So the question arises, how to make celery juice without a juicer?
The answer to this question is simple. Yes, you can make celery juice without a juicer. You don’t need to stress anymore over buying the best juicer for celery and filling your counter space. Making celery juice without a juicer is quite a straightforward process.
Benefits Of Celery Juice:
But before we dive into the simple method to get you a nutrition-filled drink, let’s discuss some benefits just in case you wonder why you should drink celery juice to get maximum health benefits.
- Celery juice is packed with essential nutrients and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B,6, potassium, calcium, folate, etc.
- Celery juice has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing chronic joint pain, gout, or arthritis. It has soothing properties.
- Celery juice is an antioxidant-packed drink. It helps fighting cancer cells by restricting the growth of mutation and boosting immunity.
- By restoring the hydrochloric acid and maintaining the pH of the stomach, it helps indigestion. It also is helpful in ulcers and acid reflux by healing the stomach lining and replenishing mucous. It also helps in bloating and constipation.
- Celery juice lowers the low-density lipids (LDL) are responsible for high cholesterol and are also known to lower blood pressure.
- It helps in the detoxification of your body if taken on an empty stomach every morning.
How To Make Celery Juice Without A Juicer:
Now that you know the excellent benefits of celery juice, I bet you would like to drink celery juice every morning. Don’t worry if you do not have a juicer at your home or your juicer has stopped working correctly. You can always make it in a Blender without much effort.
You may need to strain after making your celery juice in a blender as the liquid has pulp and is concentrated. Straining helps you get a smooth juice. But it is not an important step. If you like concentrated juice, drink it as it is. This way, the pulp is not removed, giving you extra benefits.
Things you may need:
- A blender
- A strainer
- Celery ( a bunch or two)
- Fruits of your choice, e.g., apples, lime, etc. (optional)
- Water ( half cup)
Let’s prepare your fruits and vegetables:
First of all, select your choice of fruits. The most common combination is celery with lime and apples to give it a delicious taste and refreshing color. But you can also make celery juice without mixing any fruit.Wash the fruit and celery combination that you chose to remove dirt from them. Then, if needed, peel your fruits or vegetables along with celery (Cut the top and base of the celery stalks), and chop them into smaller chunks. Remove the seeds, too, if necessary. Check out our reviews of the best juicers for green vegetables
Blend your fruits and vegetables:
After washing, peeling, and chopping the celery and fruits, put them all in the blender. Start the blender at high speed to make the purree of the mixture. Add water to the mix to give it the desired consistency.
Strain your fruits and vegetables:
When you make the celery juice in a blender, it is concentrated and is full of pulp and grains. Therefore, you may need to strain it with a strainer. While you push it through a sieve, keep pressing it with a spatula to strain all the mixture. After you strain your juice, enjoy your nutritious and delicious drink.
Clean your blender and strainer:
In the end, always remember to clean your blender and filter. You may block your strainer holes due to straining the juice if you don’t clean it properly. Also, the blender gets sticky with the pulp. So you need to wash it with soap and water.
Put the remaining juice in an air-tight container:
Though it is advised to drink it fresh, if you may end up making more celery than you needed, put it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container to maintain its texture and flavor. But do remember to drink it within 48 hours.